Your hosts, Fiona McQuade and Felicia Bennett, owners of Geraldine Farm Tours, warmly welcome you to their relaxed, natural, farm tour experience. Both bought up on farms, Fiona and Felicia love to share their passion for the land and animals with visitors from all over the world to New Zealand.
Tours are run twice daily Monday to Friday, at 9.30am and 1.30pm. Allow approximately 1.5 – 2 hours for your tour. We require a minimum of four adults to run a tour, we will advise you if any tour needs to be cancelled.
A short scenic drive takes you to Beauly Farm, where you will experience the daily running of a working sheep & beef farm. For pre-booked tours a shearing demonstration is included. Following that you will be taken to a local deer farm, owned by Deer Genetics, renowned for their majestic red and white deer herds.
Our tours include a traditional shearing shed morning/afternoon tea.
Tours will operate in most weathers.
Be a part of a working farm with, working dogs, lambs and sometimes calves (in season).
- See the dogs working and mustering a flock of sheep
- For pre-booked tours, a sheep-shearing demonstration
- Feed lambs and calves (when in season)
We are home to the best Red and White Deer herds not only in NZ, but the world!
- Majestic stags, their antlers in prolific growth phase, are a rare site and fantastic photo opportunity
- Watch stags being fed and feed young deer yourself by hand
- Informative tour on velvet growth, production/harvesting and deer genetics
- Tour of working deer sheds and yards
Individual and separate farm tours are available on request.
Here at Geraldine Farm Tours your enjoyment and safety is our upmost priority.
Categories: Visitor Attractions